I have a Motorola Moto G5 and I want to make a backup from my WhatsApp Chats, so I can read them.
So I think these are the Options I got:
- Decrypt the Database with the key at /data/data/com.whatsapp/key to get the key:
- Downgrade to WhatsApp 2.11.431 (I currently got 2.20.123)
- Root my Phone:
- I dont want to install a custom recovery, like twrp, since I dont want to break encryption.
- Install magisk: get my stock rom -> patch it with the app, apply patch via adb Question: Are my files and apps gone after that?
- Try find a suitable exploit for Android 7 Android Patch level 1 July 2018, Kernel 3.18.31
Are there other options to get the data loacated in /data/data/com.whatsapp/
- Or I could use WhatsApp Web to get all my chats (I didnt found something, that scrolls to my history and copies everything) :(
- I cant export my chats, since im in Germany: https://faq.whatsapp.com/en/android/23756533
So I think could try to circumvent this by VPN and by downloading a apk from somewhere.
Any Advice, or did I miss something? :)